Saturday, January 27, 2007

One of my life goals is to get some of my writing published. In this dream utopia of publishing, I've always imagined having one of my travelogues published in a magazine (National Geographic would be the pinnacle). Since everyone has to start somewhere, I signed up with MKE online to participate in their Threeview panel. The panel consists of over a hundred people; these people will meet a writer from the newspaper every so often at new restaurants. My job is to provide my opinion of the food; they pay for it. Pretty cool - huh? That's what I said...

Anyways, I visited JavaVino a couple weekends ago. I was expecting that a snippet of my summary would be used. In the actual newspaper, I have a few lines. At the online copy, my entire review is included! I was so excited when I picked up the latest copy. Read for yourselves below:

http://www.mkeonline.com/story.asp?id=1400738

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! You'll have to ask the professionals (I think Syd is the only one with something published in our group of friends), but I enjoyed it. I think it might have been that I could 'hear' you describe the place in your writing.

So when is the book coming out?

Jeremy said...

Not sure - I figure that I need a few more years of traveling before I can write a book. I need to get farther off the map to have a truly original experience...I'm not even sure if that exists anymore. I think that our brethren have left no space unexposed.