Sunday, February 01, 2009

Another reason why Americans do not need to leave the comforts of home for strange, foreign lands: San Diego Zoo offers a safari-like experience. You'll see some of the same animals, but I doubt you'll hear Swahili, eat indigenous African food, or experience the severe poverty. I consider these cultural items to be as important as the wildlife, but maybe I'm in the minority...

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/wap/index.html

On the bright side, a trip to Cali will be significantly less than Africa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When you have kids, let me know if you want to spend the money, take the time, and deal with the hassle of hauling them to poverty stricken nations to experience the culture. I think perhaps going to a Thai restaurant and the zoo is a more viable option. Just being a devil's advocate! ;-)