Friday, February 15, 2008

Last Sunday I returned from a few days of snowboarding at California's Mammoth Mountain. My uncle Tom has a place there, so it was a logical place to visit when I was talking with my dad & Josh about a snowboarding trip this season. I met both of them in Reno, and we drove 3 hours south to Mammoth.

We couldn't have had better weather. Every day was between 40 - 50F, with full-on California sunshine. My eyes were permanently dilated at first, as they were used to the gray, overcast skies of Wisconsin. The best part of the trip was all of the tree skiing that we did - Lil B & I found that the trees were the best parts to play in. There was still some packed powder left, and the chaos of bombing down a hill avoiding the trees adds an element of fun. Besides being outside playing in the snow, this was the last time in recent history that I've spent more than a day with my father & brother.

I haven't had any time to post photos, as I've been busy this week catching up with friends & tending to chores around the house. I'll post some to my Flickr account soon.

Update - here are the pics.

No comments: