Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm back to civilization! I was in Ladysmith, WI for the week due to work - I couldn't be happier to be home. Ladysmith has about 3000 residents, and little else. The vegetarian diet consisted of the following (in order of lunches/dinners):
  1. carrots, broccoli, and tortilla chips the first day
  2. Subway
  3. the 'best Cesar's salad in town' (I think it was the only one in town)
  4. subway
  5. veggie pizza
  6. veggie pizza
  7. salad

I didn't have any mobile service either. As a co-worker put it 'our third world countries have wireless, but we don't have it in northern Wisconsin!? Is there something wrong with this picture?'.

On the positive side, it was an enjoyable car ride home today. The people were wonderful (as they always are in small towns), and I saw the northern lights! I wish I would have taken a photo, but I wasn't thinking about it at the time. (After a few hours of sleep & 14 hours at work, my brain wasn't functioning optimally.)

When I got home I realized my last food review had been published! Check it out if you're interested: http://mkeonline.com/story.asp?id=1401071

OK - I need to start going through my stack of mail...

No comments: