Saturday, June 17, 2006

Viva Las Vegas!

I was in Vegas for a few days for a conference; so I had a few free hours to check out the scene. Everything is kitsch and over the top. The signs are larger and brighter, the hotels outdo one another in extravagance. I had a sweet hotel room at Caeser's Palace; my room over look the fountains at the Bellagio. I had two bathrooms, a double shower, hottub, 40" LCD TV, two queen beds, and the list goes on. The photo below is from my hotel room.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was checking out Dale Chihuly's work in the Bellagio reception area. All of the vibrant pieces that you see in the photo below is handblown glass.


Since I was in Vegas, I gambled a bit. I won $15 at blackjack and $10 on war (yes - that game that you played when you were a kid; you can bet on it!!!). After two consecutive wins, I decided that it was time to take my money and run. Vegas wasn't built on winners...

No comments: