Monday, May 22, 2006

I just landed in the hot & humid Carribean. I'm here for work for the week. I have a wonderful view of the ocean from my room, although I doubt I'll get to enjoy it much this week. If I'm lucky, I'll have a few hours to relax on the beach at the end of each day.

I'm looking forward to seeing some people that I haven't seen in a while. One thing that I've noticed after having a long-distance relationship & multiple friendships which are separated by thousands of miles, is that it takes effort to maintain those relationships. I feel somewhat bad whenever I commit to communicating with someone, and forget about it once I get caught up in the routine of my life back home. I think that most people are used to not talking when someone isn't near, but yet everyone says 'talk to you soon' and 'we have to get together more often'. The majority of those parting words are empty; it allows both parties to say goodbye and be comfortable. Although I try to keep a 'I'll see you when I see you' attitude for those far away aquiantances, I myself am guilty of it.

No comments: